Saturday, September 13, 2008

I LOVE XC!

You will notice that the theme colors of the blog right now are red, white, and green. You will also notice that it is September, and we still have a little while until Christmas. Well, as you all know, I am now in Tri-North Middle School, and yes, we share our colors with Christmas. I just wanted to show a little bit of TEAM SPIRIT!
Not only have I been getting up at 6:00 am and dragging myself to the bus stop, but I have also been participating in Cross Country. Even after just the first day, I knew that I was going to love it and as I expected, I have. I love the girls on the team, and our coach is great. He is very encouraging and supportive and will push us as far as he thinks that we can go. He wants us to always try and win in races, but knows that that we can't always come in first.
Unfortunately, our team is very small and we only have nine girls. However, as the eighth graders are constantly repeating, "This team is a lot faster than last year's which was much bigger." On the subject of being fast, let's go on to meets. Our first meet was against a private school and the girls won by two points 27 to 29. The boys on the other hand lost. (For those of you that don't know, you want to get the lowest score in cross country.)I came in fifth. Our second meet was against three other schools and with a tough course. One of these schools in particular has been a long time rival with Tri-North. We pretty much whooped their butts if I may put it that way. (They had 20 points more!) I came in fourth in this race. Our most recent race, which we just had this morning, was against 22 or 23 other teams. We came in fifth. I came in seventeenth. My friend on the team won all three races. Yes, she beat over 200 girls and won the Eagle Classic Cross Country Race!
I really love cross country. I love running. I love spending time with friends and meeting new potential friends. (Who now are my friends.) On the most boring and exhausting days, (and trust me,with ISTEP testing next week, there will be plenty of those!) the thought of cross country and these people really gets me through. And that is why I have shown some team spirit!

1 comment:

Not Just Anna's Blog said...

That's a very newsy post, Kate. Your really coming to be a writer!!! That's not like you were a bad writer or anything, but, you know, you're getting better each day!!!