Monday, December 21, 2009

Operation: Benemal

"I decide... I will. I mean, this will be an adventure, right?"
"Quite true, but there will be many dangers along the way. This will not be a play-time and if that is the way you wish to take it, then be gone with you. I do not have time for people of Benemal like you. So simply make the decision. It's not a hard one."
She talked with that accent that was soft and soothing and pronounces one like vone. She replaces r's with ds so very sounds like veddy.
"I suppose I will rise to the challenge. But what am I even to do?"
"Be patient my child. Along this quest you must never be indolent. You will not sleep for many weeks. There will be little food for you to consume. I don't suppose that you were prepared for that, were you?"
"My whole life is made up of hunger."
"Then you will do quite well on this quest my child of Benemal. I do not think that I have made the wrong decision. If I have, this world will be over, so if you don't think you are appropriate for the job, please speak up. NOW!"
I did not say a word.
"Well, then, I'd better tell you what you are to do, musn't I?"
"I guess so."
"Fine then. This quest is all about orbs. There are four orbs. One for each element. Fire, water, air, and earth. You must collect an orb for each element. You will face many dangers trying to get those orbs. For example, I know of the fire orb, to be in a burning fire. It will be hard to get the orb out of the fire. I know there is a way. There is a way for everything, my little child of hope. You may never turn back, for I create portals for you to go in and out of Benemal. Trust me, I will know when the time is right to let you back in. But, until you have four orbs, or you are dead, you will not come back. If you die I will know, but I will never tell you straight out what an answer is. You won't even know where your final portal will be. These are things I know that you can figure out. You must never give up. So I present you with four items. One, a cloak. Two, fishing supplies. Three, this air-catcher. And four, a box of something you will never know what it is, until there is nothing you can do, but open this box. If you ever open it, before needed, I will know, and I will kill you."

No comments: