Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mice or No Mice?



In Mrs. Darby's class in December or sometime like that last year of 2007 she introduced a contest for essay and picture. We were doing a topic of: Variety Is The Spice Of Life. I wrote a very long but good essay with examples of different kinds and many other things. Once mine had been sent in the class was just waiting. A little while after Mrs. Darby showed us a poster contest with the same topic. I entered, but since I am not an artist it didn't look that great. In 2008 in March Mrs. Darby announced the winners. I received a certificate to Simon Malls in Indiana at the value of $150. A Korean boy in my class won 1st place for poster. Ironically, he was the runner up in the spelling bee as I was the representative for Mrs. Darby's class. Funny how things just add up like that. So according to my title and picture I am thinking of getting mice. Just one, simple cage, food, bedding, and maybe a wheel for fun since I don't want it to die of boredom. When you comment, tell me what you think and keep on checking for more news about the mice! If you have had experience with this kind of thing, like dwarf hamsters, mice of any kind, hamsters at any size, something like that, I would be happy to hear about it. So comment away!

3 comments:

Not Just Anna's Blog said...

I have heard of a kind of mouse that doesn't poop. I think you should get this kind. If you can't find one of these, get the kind that poops something useful, like maybe money or groceries.

Daddy

EdwardsA@missouri.edu said...

Congratulations on winning the certificate! I'm very impressed and know you will have fun at the Mall with it.
I bet your Aunt Anne in Florida can give good advice on small pets.
She has had several.
Love to all,
Anne of Columbia

tompeckham said...

Add my congratulations to Anne's. I'm curious what you'll choose to buy.

One of our good friends here has rats. (I'm sure she'd be happy to talk to you if you want.) I have been surprised to find how much character they have. I think they make good pets, although I have not yet seen one poop groceries, money, or anything else remotely useful. They just poop.

They also die, which is hard. I don't know about mice, but rats only have a two-year life expectancy. It is hard to lose ones we love. Having it happen that quickly can be even harder. But it is also part of the circle of life. The world would be a very crowded place if everyone and everything lived forever. Just something to think about. (I know it has been hard for our friend Jackie. She loves her rats very much, and three of them died within six months. Now, only HoHo is left.)